WELCOME MILITARY FAMILIES
The Beavercreek School District values the many families in our area with ties to Wright Patterson Air Force Base, the Ohio National Guard, and other military agencies throughout Ohio. We recognize that military-connected students need guidance from teachers, administrators and staff. Shaw Elementary is committed to helping make your child's transition to our school as smooth as possible.
Shaw Elementary School celebrates our military families throughout the year.
- In August Shaw participates in the district Military Family Welcome night. Families can come and learn about the district, meet other families and learn about available resources.
- In November, Shaw holds a Veteran's Day Assembly that celebrates and highlights the school's pride in our military community. The entire school participates in the event.
- Military support groups are offered to meet the needs of the students. A Deployment Support group is facilitated monthly by the Military and Family Life Counselor
- Weekly military lunch bunch tables are arranged for military students to eat together and get to know other military connected student in their grade level.
- Shaw celebrates Month of the Military Child and Purple Up day in April.
Shaw Elementary school has a Military and Family Life Counselor (MFLC) in the building to assist with issues related to school transitions, deployments, military life events, social skill building and other needs. If you would like to know more about MFLC services please contact Pam Woodard, LISW at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on the link to the district military family page for additional information and links to resources on base and around the Beavercreek community.